This week is the last to drop a club with a prorated fee. For Monday club the final day will be October 9th.
Clubs start at 3:15 p.m. and end at 4:05 p.m. The pick up time is from 4:05 to 4:20 p.m.
Do not go the classroom to pick up your child early. If you need an early pick up go to the front office and ask them to call the classroom.
There are two spots opening for chess club. The club is on Tuesday and it runs from 3:15 to 4:20pm. Mr.Lanete, the coach, nicely volunteers to stay extra 15 min for this club. The fee will be $120.00. First come first serve basis.
Students with a negative balance of $10 or more in their HSE meal account will now receive an alternative meal until the balance is resolved.?
It is the student and family's responsibility to check lunch account balances and make payments. You can do so by logging into the student account on the HSE website and clicking on the "Other" tab.
Payments can be completed online with a credit card or at the Front Desk with a check or money order. If paying by check, on the memo/note line add your student’s name/meal to ensure that your paymnt is added to your student’s lunch balance.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 713-983-8668 ext.102.
All-School Assembly Celebrating America an Amazing and Uplifting Experience
Click on Image below to hear the assembly, including the color Guard presented by our HSE Boy Scouts and America the Beautiful performed by HSE's Glee Club. A big "thank you" to Mrs. Tiu for coordinating this remembrance.
Parent Alert: Do NOT Drop Students Off at HSE Before 7:00 a.m.
Parents, it is vital that you do not drop off any students at HSE prior to 7:00 a.m.
There are no adults on campus to supervise them before that time and leaving children alone in the front of our building, for many reasons, is a serious safety concern.
HSE 4th Grader, Chirag M., Wins National Math Competition!
On June 6th, Chirag M. (4C), competed in and WON the MathLeague National Championship for Grade 3 and is ranked #1 in the entire country!
He advanced to the National Championship by winning the Texas State Championship on May 9th
Congratulations, Chirag! What an amazing accomplishment!
HSE After-School Club Registration Begins Monday, August 31st
The HSE After School Club program offers a variety of opportunities for children to explore new areas of interest. There are a lot of new and exciting clubs planned for this fall - check out the new programs and get all the information (schedule, registration form, fees, descriptions, policies) you need in the email sent to our HSE families on Friday afternoon.
After School Clubs Fall 2015 Registration
opens Monday, August 31st 2015 | 7:30 am | HSE Commons
Registration for clubs is on a first-come, first-served basis (piano and girls scout club spots are being held for those already enrolled-if you are interested in piano, send an email to have your name added to the waiting list).
As payment, HSE accepts MasterCard, Visa, money order, or personal checks. Clubs begin on Tuesday, September 8th. Should you have any questions, email the Club Coordinator at email@example.com.
School is in Session - Be on Time
Did you know...
- you can drop your student off as early as 7:00 a.m.?
- the first bell rings at 7:45 a.m.?
- students MUST be with their homeroom at 7:50 a.m. or they are counted tardy?
- five tardies will earn students a Saturday detention?
- students must enter through the North/Middle School entrance? No students are allowed to enter school through the front until they are tardy.
There have been very long lines for the tardy sign-in the past few days. Families need to work together so that everyone can have a smooth and punctual start to their school day.
Dress Code Reminders
Dress Code Enforcement is now in effect: Here are some reminders for our families.
1. ONLY HSE Jackets allowed in classrooms. Other jackets, sweaters, and hoodies must be left in their lockers. If students prefer, they may wear a sweatshirt or long-sleeved shirt under their uniform top, one solid color.
2. Hats and sunglasses may not be worn inside the school.
3. Only one necklace may be worn and it must be tucked under the shirt. Two bracelets per wrist maximum with watches being counted as one bracelet.
4. Shirts are to be uniform shirts only. If student size is not available, then a red polo is allowable until the proper size arrives. ALL SHIRTS (including Spirit Shirts) MUST BE TUCKED IN WHILE IN THE BUILDING.
5. Pants are to be blue, khaki, or black. No cargo pants, no exercise pants or sweatpants, no very tight skinny pants. Pant legs may not be rolled up. PANTS ARE NOT TO SAG and must be worn around the waist.
6. Shorts are to be blue, khaki, or black and must touch the knee cap or below.
7. Blue jeans are allowed only on Friday WHILE WEARING THE SPIRIT SHIRTS - not with uniform tops. Jean cannot have holes or rips and must be appropriate, not tight skinny jeans or leggings.
8. Belts are required for students in 4th grade and up. Preferably one color with no studs or rhinestones.
9. Socks are to be white, navy blue, or black and must be worn with all shoes.
10. Shoes may be athletic. Colors are allowed; however, if they are extreme to the point of a classroom distraction then they cannot be worn. Shoe laces must be tied at all times. All shoes must have backs or secure straps, no sandals, flip-flops, mules, light up shoes, or Crocs.
HSE Implements Bullying Report System
HSE has a ZERO BULLYING tolerance rule and, to support this stance, is implementing its new Bullying Report System - a Google Form that students or parents can complete to bring awareness to any situation at our school.
Should your student experience or witness anything that they consider to be bullying (however minor), complete this form so that our admin and teachers can be aware of, and help deal with, that issue.
Harmony Public Schools Recognized by Texas Education Agency, Earns Distinctions
The Texas Education Agency released the 2015 state accountability ratings for 1,219 school districts and charters, and 8,646 campuses. Districts, campuses and charters receive one of three ratings under the accountability system:
Met Alternative Standard, or
100% of Harmony Public Schools (HPS) districts and 98% of HPS campuses were rated “Met Standard”.
Distinction designations are awarded to campuses based on achievement in several performance indicators relative to a group of 40 campuses of similar type, size, and student demographics. 72% Harmony Public Schools campuses, 31 campuses, received at least one distinction in one of the following areas compared to 50.8% in Texas:
Academic Achievement in Reading/English Language Arts;
Academic Achievement in Mathematics;
Academic Achievement in Science;
Academic Achievement in Social Studies;
Top 25 Percent: Student Progress;
Top 25 Percent: Closing Performance Gaps; and
21% HPS campuses, nine campuses, earned a distinction designation in all seven categories that were evaluated for that campus compared to 1.8% in Texas. The following campuses earned all of possible distinctions available.
Harmony Science Academy North - Austin
Harmony Science Academy - El Paso
Harmony School of Advancement - Houston
Harmony School of Discovery - Houston
Harmony School of Science High - Sugar Land
Harmony Science Academy West - Houston
Harmony School of Innovation - Dallas - Carrollton
Harmony Science Academy - Euless
Harmony School of Innovation- Fort Worth
In addition, Harmony School of Excellence (Houston) district became one of the 24 districts in Texas to receive a distinction designation for postsecondary readiness. Post-secondary readiness is the only distinction at the district level. For more information on the TEA accountability ratings, click the link below.
KHOU aired a great piece yesterday evening covering the performance of Texas charter schools - noting that Harmony Schools are consistently top performers.
Shern-Min Chow visited with many of our students and teachers to get insight on how we continue to show such great success in our classrooms.
Congratulations to our staff, teachers, and students for making HSE such an incredible school!
2014 Federal Report Card
The U.S. Department of Education requires a report card to be disseminated annually to include specific district and campus-level data for Texas public schools. Federal Report Card for our campus is available on the Texas Education Agency's (TEA) website.
It is the policy of the Harmony Science Academy Charter School to locate and identify any child who contacts or enrolls in the Charter School who may have a disability and be in need of special education and related services, regardless of the severity of the disability, in accordance with its procedures as reflected in the CHILD FIND legal framework of the Legal Framework for the Child-Centered Special Education Process, located at: http://framework.esc18.net/. read more...
Harmony School of Excellence It is the policy of HPS not to discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, or disability in its programs, services, or activities as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, please contact Section 504/ADA Coordinator at 713 343 3333 located at 9321 W. Sam Houston Pkwy S. Houston, TX 77099.